"The training of the teacher is something far more than the learning of ideas.
It is a preparation of the spirit." —Maria Montessori

Saturday, December 10, 2011

WEEK #14 RG3 "No pressure...No dominance"

Tonight, I am soaking it all in and being *reflective*.  I am being reflective upon AED5650 coming to a *finale*...a  l~o~n~g awaited finale!  But I am being reflective upon all the *lessons* learned and how I have evolved not only as a future art educator, but as a person.  Afterall, the success of how we evolve in our profession is utimately shaped by the person we are...and the person we are *becoming*.   

Tonight, while I am being reflective, I am watching the 2011 *Heismann* Trophy Award segment on ESPN.    The winner this year is Robert Griffin III, (also known as RG3) from Baylor.  During his acceptance speech he said these words that at this very moment, I can relate to:   "Where there is no pressure...there is no dominance."  To me, this means, if reaching a goal, whether that goal may be winning football games or doing your ultimate best to succeed at AED5650, was handed to us or "easy" then there would be no *dominance*.  When I say dominance here, I will use the definition given by http://www.thefreedictionary.com/:
DOMINANCE = Surpassing all other power, influence, or position.  A little bit of pressure teaches one to surpass all other power, influence, or position.  For me, pressure is an activator of self-motivation to learn.  But, it is uncomfortable and can be VERY difficult to deal with.  AED5650 taught me to work through pressure, and for this, I know I have evolved into a more sophisticated and disciplined individual which will benefit me along my journey to b.e.c.o.m.i.n.g. an art teacher. 

Other things I have learned about myself from AED5650:

*Diversity.  Frustration.  Appreciation.

*Resilience.

*Grit...I've got it.  Though, it is mental characteristic that has been acquired (especially within the last couple years on my journey towards becoming an art teacer)...it didn't come easy!!!

*I am ~b.e.c.o.m.i.n.g~


"Arriving at ((*1*)) ~goal~...
is the ~starting*point~ to ((*another*))."
                                                  -John Dewey

No comments:

Post a Comment