"The training of the teacher is something far more than the learning of ideas.
It is a preparation of the spirit." —Maria Montessori

Sunday, December 25, 2011

*HAPPY*HOLIDAYS*

Because I completely relate the mental mantras of running to *life* in general...
I had to share this holiday card :) 

*HAPPY*NEW*YEAR*and*HAPPY*TRAILS!!!*
*Challenge Yourself To Climb Higher.  Stop + Savor The View.
*Tread Lightly On The Earth + Preserve The Trails For Future Generations. 
*Take The Other Fork In The Trail = Magic + Discovery Await.
*Life Is Just A Blissful, Endless Trail Run...
IT'S NOT A RACE --- FIND YOUR PACE.
___________________________________


This holiday season, I have heard people say over and over again that they are trying to spend and decorate less.  They have this nostalgia for the "simpler" times.  I myself have struggled with this concept.  I am always looking for ways to *spend* less but always *give* more.  I find malls and department stores to be clusters of spaces that people run to, like little rats.
Just like rats will eat whatever is laid out in front of them:  Whatever is displayed in the malls, people will buy. 
Most of the time, I ask myself,
"Where is the 'thought' actually put in to
 the gift?" 
I like to put thought into gift giving.  I have an idea and intention of what it is I am looking for...usually these "things" can not be found in a store.  So trying to actually put "theory" into practice this is just what I did...So I made "goodie" bags comprised of thoughtful items. 
Each of the goodie bags contained the following items with an explanation:

COOKIES: May the comforts of home always be *SWEET*
PEPPERMINT:
May your outlook on life always be revived and *REFRESHED*
HERSHEY KISSES:
  May your season be full of hugs and *KISSES*
CANDY CANE:
  Turn it upside down, it's a J.  J is for Jesus...may he always be with you and may you always have *FAITH*
WINE:
  After all the stress...hustle and bustle...may you take the time to relax and *UN-WINE*
CHOCOLATE COINS:
  May you spend your time surrounded by loved ones...*PRICELESS*


*Afterall, this isnt a "fancy" gift. 
But it's thoughtful, personal, and meaningful to *me*...

Just like the *creative* process should be to every *individual*...
thoughtful, personal, and meaningful.

***
"There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle."
-Albert Einstein
***


 

No comments:

Post a Comment