"The training of the teacher is something far more than the learning of ideas.
It is a preparation of the spirit." —Maria Montessori

Saturday, November 12, 2011

WEEK 11 *EVERYTHING*is*~CONNECTED~*

MAEA CONFERENCE 2011
This is my second conference I have attended as a *STUDENT*!!! I absolutely love going ~
One learns so much and re-connects with familiar faces and meet new people who *share*the*same*PASSION.   I attended a workshop called:  The Origins of Passion and the Neuroscience of the Brain.  We dissected a sheeps brain!  It was a wonderful, hands-on workshop that emphasized how *IT IS ALL CONNECTED* MIND, BODY and SPIRIT and that as educators,  every decision that we make should considers all three. 

"Educators should be building multi-educational alloys  ~ NOT educational SILOS.  You need to stimulate mutli-sensory association...it makes *brain*sense*."  - Dr. Nussbaum

THERE is constant communication between the two hemispheres of the brain!!!
The two hemispheres are VEY connected!
The left CAN be creative and the right logical...
The biggest difference is that left sees *parts* and the right sees the *BIG*picture*
Yet, our education system primarily focuses on the left hemisphere...ignoring the right. 
"I am the left brain.  I am a ~*scientist*~.

I am a mathematician.
I love the familiar.
I categorize.
I am accurate.
Linear.  Analytical.  Strategic.  Practical.  Realistic.
Always in control.
A mast of words and language.
I calculate equations and play with numbers.
I am order.  I am logic.
I know exactly who I am." 

"I am the right brain. I am ~*creativity*~.
A free spirit.
I am passion.
Yearning. Sensuality.  I am the sound of roaring laughter.
I am taste.  The feeling of sand beneath bare feet.
I am movement.  Vivid colors.
I am the urge to paint on an empty canvas.
I am boundless imagination.
Art. Poetry.  I sense.  I feel.
I am everything I wanted to be."


Photosource and qoute: Merceds-Benz Ad

"Some people see crazy...
I see genius...because the people that are crazy enough to think they can change the world...
DO!"

"You can change the world,
one child at a time
...
THINK DIFFERENT"

No comments:

Post a Comment