"The training of the teacher is something far more than the learning of ideas.
It is a preparation of the spirit." —Maria Montessori

Sunday, October 2, 2011

WEEK 5 Diversity*

WEEK #5 10.01.2011
Our *1st* Day: *ICE*Breaker*Activity In anticipation for our first session and meeting with the students, I was filled with mixed emotions.  I was a bit nervous, yet overwhelemed with excitement!  Needless to say, the students were great and I look forward to learning besides them in the next nine weeks!!!

I had cut 30 puzzle pieces out of black posterboard (I was expecting more students, and didn't want anyone to not have a piece).  Five students arrived but were excited to take three to four puzzle pieces to signfy what ((ART)) means to them.  I explained to the students that even though we are all different, and our representation of ((ART)) will probably look different...we all come together (like a puzzle) for the PASSION and HAPPINESS that creativity and art bring :)  I said I would like to clase each blog with a prose...I will let Malik and J'Nel's puzzle pieces serve as closing thoughts ~

  

                                         "Art is a pathway into a world only few people know."
                                                                                                               -Malik
                                                                "Earth w/o art is 'Eh.'"
                                                                                      -J'Nel

No comments:

Post a Comment